Discount on international routes is only granted to children under 10 years old:
- For children from 5 to 10 years old, a child travel document is necessary.
- Children under 5 years old can travel free of charge without provision of a separate seat. In this case, an adult passenger is allowed to travel with only one child. For provision of a separate seat, it is necessary to purchase a childs train ticket.
According to the Rules of crossing the border by Ukrainian citizens, a minor passenger who has not reached the age of 16 may travel only if accompanied by an adult. If such travel is undertaken with one of the parents, it is required to have a notarized statement of consent from the other parent for a child travelling abroad. If a child travels abroad unaccompanied by parents (with another adult), it is required to have a statement of consent from both parents.
Minor citizens of Ukraine can travel abroad with the following documents:
- Passport of the Citizen of Ukraine (travelling to Belarus or the Russian Federation);
- Passport of the Citizen of Ukraine for travelling abroad;
- Travel Document of a Child (child passport for travelling abroad);
- One of the parents' passport for travelling abroad, provided that a child is included in the passport.