Ukrzaliznytsia gives certain categories of citizens a discount on the purchase of railway tickets. In this case, a discount can be from several percent up to the full cost of a ticket. As of now, railway tickets can be bought online only for certain categories of beneficiaries – students and children. Passengers of other beneficiary categories can purchase discounted tickets only at a railway ticket office. When purchasing, they must show an original document confirming the right to have a concession/benefit.
Beneficiary categories of passengers:
- Children under 6 years old can travel free of charge without providing a separate seat. Children from 6 to 14 years old get 25% discount.
- Full-time students of higher education institutions and students of vocational schools.
- Participants in the Great Patriotic War, as well as disabled veterans of the Second World War of categories I-II, have the right for concessionary travel.
- Disabled persons of categories I-III, as well as children of disabled persons, can exercise their right of concessionary travel in the period from October 1 to May 15. During this period, they are entitled to 50% discount on tickets. Moreover, concessionary tickets are granted to people accompanying disabled persons of the first category.
- Heroes of the Soviet Union, as well as Heroes of Ukraine or Heroes of Socialist Labor, are entitled to travel by rail free of charge once a year. Concessionary fares are also granted to the Holders of the Order of Labor Glory, Holders of the Order of Glory of the third degree, and four-time recipients of the Medal "For Courage".
- People's deputies of Ukraine for the duration of their deputy mandates.
- Ukrzaliznytsia annually conducts charity events for orphaned children, children of deceased miners, military servicemen or railway employees.