The cost of a railway ticket consists of several components:
- Ticket cost – includes expenses required for the operation of a train, its maintenance, electric power, provision of railway infrastructure.
- Reserved seat cost – the cost of travel itself in a coach of a particular class.
- Insurance charge – a charge for mandatory passenger insurance against accidents established in accordance with applicable law.
- Railway fees – a part of total ticket cost charged for the services of issuance, printing, reissuance, return of a travel document.
- VAT – a value-added tax. It is also included in the ticket price.
- Travelbook fee – a fee charged by the service for purchasing of a travel/transportation document, including the payment system fee for carrying out a payment.
If you have purchased a ticket online on our website but cannot make a trip, you can return a ticket with a partial refund of its cost. In such a case, the following components of the ticket cost will be withheld: railway and Travelbook fees, as well as a part of the ticket cost that depends on the return date.