On the Travelbook website, you can purchase the following railway tickets for children:
- Children under 6 years old can travel free of charge and must be accompanied by an adult. In this case, a separate seat is not purchased and a child occupies the same seat as an adult passenger. If more than one child under 6 years old travels accompanied by an adult, only one of the children has the right of concessionary travel. A passenger must additionally purchase a child travel document for the remaining children.
- Children from 6 to 14 years old unaccompanied by adults are not allowed to board a train. The age of a child is determined on the date of departure. Children from 6 to 14 years old are entitled to 25% discount of the cost of an adult ticket. An accompanying adult must have with him/her a document confirming the age of a child – original or notarized copy.
- To travel by train, children over 14 years old need a full-price ticket purchased for them.
On international train routes:
Only children from 5 to 10 years old are entitled to 50% discount. Children under 5 years old can travel free of charge without providing a separate seat.
Free transportation for children under 16 years old with provision of a separate seat in a berth coach within the territory of Ukraine is allowed by Ukrzaliznytsia if a child belongs to one of the following categories:
- orphaned children and children left without parental care;
- disabled children of all categories;
- children of military servicemen and law enforcement officers who died in the line of duty;
- children of deceased miners.